Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
My daughter's recommendation from Disney's Pass the Plate. This recipe hails from Spain, and sounds absolutely refreshing!!! I hope you all enjoy!
- 2 pomegranates
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 4 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 pint strawberry
- mint leaf (optional)
- Remove the pomegranates from the husk, and rinse the white pulp off of the seeds. Place the seeds into a bowl.
- Mix the orange juice and the lemon juice with the sugar, and pour over the pomegranate.
- Cut the strawberries into bite-size pieces.
- Add the strawberries and the orange sections to the bowl. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, then remove, decorate with mint leaves if you would like, and serve on a platter.
Delicious fruit course that I made for breakfast to accompany Portuguese (French) Toast and Hot Chocolate. This provided the right spot of 'healthy' during the very rich meal, but was also delicious. Thanks.
I prepared this dish using 2 Valencia oranges there wasn't room for 4 oranges in my bowl. The orange juice used was freshly squeezed. I've never had pomegranate seeds before and wasn't sure what to expect. I was dissapointed in their flavour until DD told me they weren't quite ripe. Now I know that the seeds should be red. This can't be held against the recipe since it was my lack of knowledge that caused the problem. All in all the salad was delightful. I'll be making it again using ripe pomegranates. Made for ZWT5.