1/3 Photos of Plain Roasted Artichoke Hearts
1 hr 5 mins
Kumquat the Cat's friend's Note:
Can't believe it, but there's no other recipe like this on Recipezaar (unless I somehow missed it). These babies are so, so good. I roasted canned artichoke hearts in connection with another recipe I invented, and was so pleased with the way they came out even without the topping, so I'm posting a plain(er) version. If you want the topped version, go to recipe no. 144997. I found that roasting them enhanced the taste and texture - made them more tender on the inside:D One of these "throw it in the oven and ignore while you are fixing other parts of dinner" recipes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Drain artichokes in colander and rinse a bit to remove brine.
- 3Mix gently with garlic and olive oil in a bowl.
- 4Pour artichoke mixture in a metal roasting pan and roast for about one hour, tossing a few times if desired.
- 5Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and add lemon juice and butter (if using).
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plain Roasted Artichoke Hearts
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.9
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 127.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.3 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 6.2 g