24 hrs 40 mins
My most favourite snack, always, hmm, when I'm not watching my weight is dosa:) It has to be served piping hot to me with a hot bowl of sambar and chutney on the side. I'd love to marry a man who loves dosas as much as I do;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and soak the parboiled rice in water for 6-8 hours.
- 2Wash and soak the urad dal and fenugreek seeds in water in another bowl for 6-8 hours.
- 3Make a smooth batter of rice in a blender.
- 4Make a smooth batter of urad dal in a blender.
- 5In a large bowl, combine the rice batter with the urad dal batter.
- 6Add salt to taste.
- 7Mix well.
- 9Keep the batter to ferment overnight for minimum 12 hours.
- 10Now, the next morning (or after 12 hours), to start preparing the dosa (crepe), heat a non-stick frying pan and lightly brush with oil.
- 11Sprinkle a few drops of water on the frying pan.
- 12If the water sizzles, it means the pan is ready to start preparing the dosa.
- 13Pour a ladleful of batter in the center of the pan.
- 14Spread batter quickly by swirling batter in a continuous spiral movement with the back of the ladle.
- 15Pour a tsp.
- 16of oil all around the edges.
- 17Cook on medium flame until golden in colour.
- 18Turn the dosa, carefully lifting the edges.
- 19Cook the other side for 1 minute.
- 20Remove from flame.
- 21Repeat the same method with the remaining batter.
- 22Serve hot with chutney.
- 23Tip: Keep sprinkling water in between making dosas to ensure that the pan does not get overheated.
- 24If the dosas tend to stick to the pan, rub the pan with a sliced onion dipped in oil.
- 25Always keep a separate frying pan for making dosas.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plain Crepes (Plain Dosas)
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.7
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 21.2 g