1/5 Photos of Pizza Sauce With Caraway Seeds
Leggy Peggy's Note:
My friend, Dan, gave me this recipe more than 30 years ago. It is delicious and so easy to make, and it freezes really well. The caraway seeds are the secret. When I make this sauce, I usually double it. This way, I can use about one-quarter of the mixture on the pizzas for that night. Then I freeze the rest—in three separate containers—for later use. A quarter of the mixture will cover about two large pizzas, but it depends on your preferences.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (puree)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme (or crush leaf well)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground oregano (or crush leaf well)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground rosemary (or crush leaf well)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon caraway seed (do not crush)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (or more)
- 1 bay leaf, broken into small pieces
- 1Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- 2Bring to a boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- 3Cool slightly before using.
- 4Cool completely before freezing.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Sauce With Caraway Seeds
Serving Size: 1 (462 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.9
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1502.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 6.6 g