1/59 Photos of Pizza Dough for Thin Crust Pizza
1 hr 15 mins
Note:This is one of the recipes I adopted in the Great 'Zaar Ophan Adoption of 2005. I hope you enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix a little sugar into the warm water.
- 2Sprinkle yeast on top.
- 3Wait for 10 minutes or until it gets all foamy.
- 4Pour into a large bowl.
- 5Add flour, salt, olive oil.
- 7Knead for 6-8 minutes until you have a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (add a bit more flour if you need to).
- 8Cover and let rest for 20-30 minutes.
- 9Lightly grease two 12-inch pizza pans.
- 10Sprinkle with a little bit of cornmeal.
- 11Divide dough in half.
- 12Place each half on a pizza pan and pat it with your fingers until it stretches over the whole pan.
- 13Try to make it thicker around the edge.
- 14If desired, pre-bake at 425 F for 10 minutes (I don't always do this).
- 15Then spread with pizza sauce and use the toppings of your choice.
- 16Bake at 425 F for 10-20 minutes longer or until bubbly and hot.
- 17Makes 2 12-inch pizzas.
- 18If you don't want to use all the dough, you can freeze it.
- 19Take a portion of dough, form into a ball, rub olive oil over it and place it in a freezer bag (the oil makes it easier to take out of the bag).
- 20When you want to make a pizza, take dough out of freezer and allow to thaw before using.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Dough for Thin Crust Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (565 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 610.1
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 299.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 120.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 17.5 g