1/5 Photos of Pinto Beans and Rice in a Crock Pot (Or on Stove Top)
3 hrs 5 mins
This is one of those good ol' down home meals. Add a pan of cornbread and you've got it made! You can obviously make this spicier by adding more chili powder, cayenne, jalapenos or just pass the Tabasco. Please note that the time shown is an estimate only as there will be a variance of heat from one crockpot to the next.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse beans in colander.
- 2Put in a crock pot (or large pot).
- 3Cover with water, plus about 2 inches over top of beans.
- 4Add all ingredients, except rice.
- 5Cook on high in crock pot about 3 hours til tender. (Crockpots vary greatly on cooking times. It could take much longer in yours, so the first time allow longer to cook and then you will know how long cooking time will be in the future.).
- 6(Add water if necessary) May also cook on low overnight.
- 7Add rice and cook until rice is warm.
- 8Serve with cornbread.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pinto Beans and Rice in a Crock Pot (Or on Stove Top)
Serving Size: 1 (763 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1898.7
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6522.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 353.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 76.3 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 105.7 g