Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Pretty color, nice and fruity... enjoy. (Cook time is soaking time for the oats.)
Make and share this Pink Oaty Smoothie recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄3 cup soymilk
- 4 -5 large strawberries, tops removed (fresh or frozen)
- 1 small peach, sliced off the pit
- 1 banana, well ripened
- 1⁄4 cup water or 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 orange, sectioned and sliced into chunks
- Soak the oats in the soymilk for at least 15 minutes to soften.
- Blend all until smooth (stand blender, food processor or immersion blender will work).
I thought soaking the oats was a great idea; they blended better and made for a smoother texture. I tasted the strawberries the most out of all the ingredients. I used 1% milk instead of soy milk, plus frozen strawberries and frozen peaches. Thanks for posting this; I made this for Think Pink 2013 tag game.
This was rather different, but very tasty. I'm not sure how I felt about the texture from the oats, though. Other than that, all the ingredients blended together nicely. Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag Game.