I had this for lunch the other afternoon and it was amazing- we had ham sandwiches with it. Ham, sliced pineapple, a little more mustard (for me), and some lettuce is all you need. Or, enjoy this bread with some butter for a quick snack or brunch. I haven't made it, but this is the recipe my friend provided, and it looks really easy. She says to only used canned pineapple, not fresh, or else the bread will be mushy. Oh, and I promise there is only a hint of Dijon, so don't get scared!
- Place all of the ingredients into the pan of your bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Program the machine for basic bread, light crust, and press Start.
- Check the dough's consistency about 7 minutes after the kneading cycle begins, adding additional water or flour to form a soft, smooth ball of dough.
- Allow the machine to complete its cycle.
- Note, this makes one, 1 1/2 pound loaf.
- Cool the loaf completely before serving.
Super delicious savory bread. Makes a wonderful grilled ham-and-Swiss cheese sandwich. I'll bet it would make great croutons, too! I'll be making this again and again.
This makes a great, small, moist and not too dense loaf of bread. I could really smell the mustard while it baked, but after it was baked and cooled, I could barely detect the mustard. The pineapple is somewhat visible and I think is just used to add sweetness and moistness. I should also add that I had no semolina, so I just used an extra 1/4 cup of bread. flour. Thanx for sharing. I'm certain that I'll make this again.