I made this up this weekend (Memorial Day weekend) because I was in the mood for experimentation, using my newly acquired extract collection, and for the taste of pina coladas. Feel free to adjust extracts to taste or even use the real things in the appropriate substitution amounts ;) I'm sure you can skip straight to step 7 if you wish; omitting the 3 cups water and first listed extract amounts. *Maybe try freezing it and bleding into a smoothie later or making sorbet (not a bad idea...)
My Private Note
yummy s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using an apple corer, cut a whole in the watermelon.
- 2Fit the funnel snugly inside.
- 3Mix the first listed extracts and 3 cups water.
- 4Pour enough to fill the funnel cup.
- 6Keep checking on it every so often and refill funnel when necessary.
- 7Depending on the size of your watermelon (mine was an extra large bowling ball, so it was small for a watermelon), the absorbtion time will vary.
- 8Mine took roughly 24 hours for all the liquid to be used and absorbed.
- 9Once ready, cut melon however you wish (be it cubed, sliced, melon balls, etc).
- 10*Keepingmelon juice* Open the can (s) of pineapple.
- 11Put 1 tsp of each extract in each can.
- 13Pour the fruit with juices in melon bowl.
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pina Colada Marinated Watermelon-Pineapple Salad
Serving Size: 1 (5812 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1739.7
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 66.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 431.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.6 g
- Sugars 363.1 g
- Protein 29.9 g