1/1 Photo of Pico de Gallo
This fresh salsa is sometimes known as 'tale of the rooster'. I think it must be because of the lovely colors. You can vary the hottness of this receipe by adding more jalepenos or less, but this is, by definition, a VERY hot salsa.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coarsely chop the jalepenos (food processor is best).
- 2Add the onion; coarsely chop.
- 3Leave the jalepenos and onions in the bowl.
- 4Cut each tomato into four pieces and chop.
- 5Pour into bowl; stir in seasonings.
- 6Chill at least two hours before serving; overnight is better.
- 7Before serving, pour off liquid.
- 8Liquid can be used to season Mexican dishes.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pico de Gallo
Serving Size: 1 (615 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 12.3
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 15.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 0.5 g