I have made these garlic pickles for the last 8 years and friends love them. The original recipe was in "Company's Coming" but I have made a few changes to suit my taste. It is a good recipe.
- Combine vinegar & sugar over medium heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves, bring to a boil and boil 5 minutes Add Garlic and hot peppers,also add sweet red pepper if using.
- Bring to a boil and boil 5 minutes.
- Put a hot pepper into each sterilized jar, add the cloves of garlic to within 1" of the top of the jar (add the sweet red pepper if using) Fill with boiling sugar/vinegar mixture to within 1/4" of the top of the jar.
- Release air bubbles, ensure the rim is clean and seal the jars.
- Let the pickled garlic rest for 2 weeks and believe me you will enjoy.