A neat dill pickle from the Wisconsin Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. If you cannot find grape leaves, please feel free to omit. Standing time not included in preparation time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 quarts wax beans
Divide equally between the six jars
- 1Cook whole beans in boiling salted water for five minutes; drain well.
- 2Pack into 6 quart jars with the next four ingredients.
- 3Bring water, salt and vinegar to the boil; fill jars.
- 4Cover and let stand in refrigerator for two days before eating.
- 5Will keep about two weeks in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Dill Beans
Serving Size: 1 (5403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.6
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9601.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 28.7 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 14.4 g