A pickled asparagus with more sugar than most and a bit of kick. From my local newspaper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut asparagus into lengths 1 inch shorter than your 1 quart jars.
- 2Blanch asparagus in boiling water and 1 Tbsp of the salt for 2 minutes.
- 3Remove from boiling water and plunge immediately into ice water for a minute, then drain.
- 4Pack asparagus tightly into hot, sterilized 1 quart jars, tips facing down.
- 5Bring remaining ingredients to a boil.
- 6Pour brine over asparagus to within 1/2 inch of the top of the jar.
- 7Seal jars.
- 8Process in a hot water bath for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (1380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 510.4
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10582.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.9 g
- Sugars 77.2 g
- Protein 18.3 g