That is Dr House to you's Note:
YO....from from The Original Philadelphia Neighborhood Cookbook by Irina Smith and Ann Hazan. Ok so I feel homesick today..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If the cukes are waxed? You gotta peel them.
- 2Go for unwaxed.
- 3Combine the salt and cucumbers and allow to sit for 1 hour. Rinse thoroughly under cold.
- 4water and pat dry. Place in a bowl.
- 5In a small saucepan, heat together the ginger, vinegar, sugar, water and oil. Bring to a boil, then pour over cucumbers.
- 6Marinate at least overnight.
- 7To serve, garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
- 8Variation Add 1/2-1 teaspoon of hot chili flakes to the marinade. Note? That is HOT chili flakes. You have been warned.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Philly Chinatown Oriental Ginger Cucumbers
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.9
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1167.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 1.0 g