Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Taken from the postpunkkitchen.com- wanted to post here to see the nutrition breakdown.
Make and share this Perfect Pumpkin Bread [vegan] recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup apple butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup golden seedless raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°; mist an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pan w/ nonstick cooking spray
- In a large mixing bowl sift together the first 7 ingredients (the dry ingredients).
- Combine the wet ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk together very well.
- Pour the wet into the dry ingredients until everything is evenly moistened (the batter will be stiff). Fold in the raisins.
- Spoon batter into loaf pan, distribute evenly along the length of the pan but don't spread the batter to the edges, that will happen as it is baking. Bake for 50 minutes to an hour until a knife comes out clean.
- Remove bread from oven and turn the bread out of the loaf pan onto a cooling rack. Wait until bread cools before slicing. If you have left overs, wrap in plastic and it should keep for about a week.
I used white flour and crasins (because I was out of whole wheat flour and raisins) This bread was delicous, and even better with a little apple butter on top!
5 stars all the way! More people really should try this recipe!!! There is no sugar and no eggs, just Deeeelicious, moist pumpkin bread. I doubled the recipe and used 2 disposable loaf pans. Didnt have the pastry whole weat flour, just whole wheat flour and came out Fantastic (im not even sure what the difference is). Got raves from my family and houseguests. This is a keeper, fo sho. It's so easy. And look at the ingredients, you probably already have most of them. So it's cheap, healthy & yummmay. Try it!!! Blessings in The Lord Jesus to you for sharing!