1 hr 5 mins
Sarah Chana's Note:
I can't believe I didn't post this one earlier since this is one of the few things in the world that ALL the men in my life love--DH, my sons, my father--and most of the women too. I have a hard-to-please crowd here at home, and they ALL ALWAYS eat this, and drain the pot to the end. On top of that, it is just about the easiest soup to make of all time, and very forgiving if you need to make modifications. You can multiply it to serve massive quantities of people, and it freezes perfectly. It's cheap to make, it's easy, and it's comforting. What more can we ask for? Let me know what your crowd thinks....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large soup pot, saute onions until soft.
- 2Add carrots and celery, and let cook a few more minutes.
- 3Add peas, mix, and let cook about 2-3 minutes.
- 4Add water, cover, bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat to simmer. Cook until it reaches the desired thickness, at least 90 minutes, or up to 6 hours (this soup is VERY forgiving).
- 6Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Can be garnished with croutons or seeds, or served with a crusty bread. Or not. Just remember to breathe deeply and enjoy the quiet.
Browse Our Top Jewish (Ashkenazi) Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jewish (Ashkenazi) Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Pea Soup (For All the Men in My Life, and the Women Too)
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.0
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 53.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.2 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 12.7 g