Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I can't believe I didn't post this one earlier since this is one of the few things in the world that ALL the men in my life love--DH, my sons, my father--and most of the women too. I have a hard-to-please crowd here at home, and they ALL ALWAYS eat this, and drain the pot to the end. On top of that, it is just about the easiest soup to make of all time, and very forgiving if you need to make modifications. You can multiply it to serve massive quantities of people, and it freezes perfectly. It's cheap to make, it's easy, and it's comforting. What more can we ask for? Let me know what your crowd thinks....
- In a large soup pot, saute onions until soft.
- Add carrots and celery, and let cook a few more minutes.
- Add peas, mix, and let cook about 2-3 minutes.
- Add water, cover, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer. Cook until it reaches the desired thickness, at least 90 minutes, or up to 6 hours (this soup is VERY forgiving).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Can be garnished with croutons or seeds, or served with a crusty bread. Or not. Just remember to breathe deeply and enjoy the quiet.