1/4 Photos of Perfect Microwave Rice
A different way to make Perfect Rice in the microwave. I didn't believe that it would cook till tender without being covered, boy was I wrong. From cookbook author Kathleen Daelemans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place all ingredients except salt in a large microwave safe bowl.
- 2Rice doubles in size during cooking so choose a container large enough to accommodate final product.
- 3Microwave uncovered on high for 10 minutes.
- 4Then microwave uncovered on medium-low for 15 minutes.
- 5Do not stir rice at anytime during cooking process.
- 6Season with salt and fluff with a fork before serving.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Microwave Rice
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.4
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 2.5 mg
- Sodium 15.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 4.4 g