Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Just basic jasmine rice from the pressure cooker. I kept burning it until I got the timing / ratios right.
- Put the rice and water in the pressure cooker.
- Lock on the lid and bring to pressure over high heat.
- Lower the heat to medium and cook at pressure for 2 1/2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and let the pressure drop for 10 minutes. Release the remaining pressure if it hasn't finished naturally.
- Fluff with a fork. Cover with the lid, and let sit for 20 minutes.
Thank you, the rice came out perfect, I used mine with an electric pressure cooker, it took 3 minutes with a quick release method. I will save this and use again and again. thanks
Never before did I make rice in a pressure cooker so I'ma hafta remember this nugget o' wisdom.
Perfect! I doubled the recipe, adding salt and olive oil before cooking. Jasmine rice has always been tricky for me, but not anymore! Now I'm not stuck with basmati for every rice dish. I think this would be good with some veggies or spices and cooked as a pilaf or casserole or something, but I haven't tried yet...