8 hrs 20 mins
The perfect way to use up that end-of-season bounty from the garden. From the Pennsylvania Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. While this recipe is written in an old-fashioned way, it is perfectly safe if processed using modern methods. If you are unfamiliar with these modern techniques, please go to http://www.uga.edu/nchfp/how/can_home.html for the current information.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place first three ingredients in a bowl; pour boiling water over the top and let stand five minutes.
- 2Drain off the water and again cover with boiling water; let stand ten minutes.
- 3Pour into a muslin bag and drain overnight.
- 4Add vinegar, sugar and salt; boil for 20 minutes.
- 5While hot, pour into sterilized jars and seal.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pennsylvania Dutch Pepper Relish
Serving Size: 1 (5775 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 834.0
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1982.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 191.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 26.7 g
- Sugars 151.9 g
- Protein 13.8 g