Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The perfect way to use up that end-of-season bounty from the garden. From the Pennsylvania Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. While this recipe is written in an old-fashioned way, it is perfectly safe if processed using modern methods. If you are unfamiliar with these modern techniques, please go to http://www.uga.edu/nchfp/how/can_home.html for the current information.
- Place first three ingredients in a bowl; pour boiling water over the top and let stand five minutes.
- Drain off the water and again cover with boiling water; let stand ten minutes.
- Pour into a muslin bag and drain overnight.
- Add vinegar, sugar and salt; boil for 20 minutes.
- While hot, pour into sterilized jars and seal.