1 hr 15 mins
Sweet summertime all year long. A delicious and unusual way to use up any extra pears you may have. From the US Regional Cookbook, Chicago Culinary Arts Institute, 1947. While this recipe is written in an old-fashioned way, it is perfectly safe if processed using modern methods. If you are unfamiliar with these modern techniques, please go to http://www.uga.edu/nchfp/how/can_home.html for the current information.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash pears; peel, core and grind.
- 2Wash oranges and lemons; remove seeds and ends.
- 3Grind citrus, skins and all.
- 4Place all the fruit in stainless steel kettle, add sugar and stir well.
- 5Bring to a boil and cook until clear.
- 6Pour into sterilized jelly glasses and seal.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pear Marmalade
Serving Size: 1 (6538 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1453.3
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 378.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.5 g
- Sugars 348.9 g
- Protein 2.5 g