Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Sweet summertime all year long. A delicious and unusual way to use up any extra pears you may have. From the US Regional Cookbook, Chicago Culinary Arts Institute, 1947. While this recipe is written in an old-fashioned way, it is perfectly safe if processed using modern methods. If you are unfamiliar with these modern techniques, please go to http://www.uga.edu/nchfp/how/can_home.html for the current information.
- Wash pears; peel, core and grind.
- Wash oranges and lemons; remove seeds and ends.
- Grind citrus, skins and all.
- Place all the fruit in stainless steel kettle, add sugar and stir well.
- Bring to a boil and cook until clear.
- Pour into sterilized jelly glasses and seal.