Apple butter is more popular, but I like the pear butter better, you could use apples in this recipe instead of pears if you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine pears and water in a large dutch oven. Cover and cook over medium-low heat 40 minutes or until pears are soft, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- 2Press pears through a sieve or food mill.
- 3Measure 1 quart of the pear puree and combine with remaining ingredients in a Dutch oven.
- 4Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, 15 minutes or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat; skim off foam.
- 5Quickly pour hot pear mixture into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace; wipe jar rims. Cover at once with lid, and metal screw on bands.
- 6Process in boiling water bath 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pear Butter
Serving Size: 1 (2984 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1392.0
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 364.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 32.5 g
- Sugars 304.1 g
- Protein 4.1 g