1/2 Photos of Peachy Mango Salsa, Canned for Chris!
1 hr 35 mins
Chris aka Chef #1118755 made and reviewed my Peachy Mango Salsa and asked about canning it. This is the result of that recipe. I did add garlic and or ginger to it. Yes an optional choice. Used fresh jalapenos in place of the canned green chilies. Be sure not to use over ripe mango's, they need to be firm but fresh. If they are so soft you can't peel with a vegetable peeler they are too soft.
My Private Note
8 ounce ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 firm fresh peaches, 6 cups seeded, peeled if desired and diced
- 2 firm ripe fresh mango, 2 cups non-fibrous, peeled, seeded and diced
- 4 fresh jalapenos or 1 habanero, diced
- 1 1/2 cups holland orange bell peppers (2 cups diced)
- 1 red onion, 1 1/2 cups diced fine
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic or 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro or 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 fresh lime, juice and zest
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar (5 percent acid)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Sterilize Ball jars rims and screw tops.
- 2Place all the ingredients in a large pot. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- 3Reduce to simmering, and simmer 5 minutes. Do not overcook.
- 4Fill into hot sterile jars with hot salsa leaving 1/2 inch head space. Being careful not to leave any salsa on the rims. Wipe jar rims with a clean, damp paper towel. Put on lids and screw on metal bands tightening firmly and evenly. Do not over tighten.
- 5Put the sealed jars in the canner and keep them cover with at least 1 inch of water and boiling. Boil them for at least 20 minutes.
- 6Lift the jars out of the water and let them cool them in a draft-free place overnight. You can then remove the rings if you like. Once the jars are cool, you can check that they are sealed verifying that the lid has been sucked down. Just press in the center, gently, with your finger. Label and store in a cool place out of direct light using within 1 year.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peachy Mango Salsa, Canned for Chris!
Serving Size: 1 (2310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.0
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 110.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 32.8 g
- Protein 1.5 g