This quick brekky is easily adaptable, using different types of juice and chopped fruit (I just love experimenting with oatmeal!!). I think the banana is important though. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup quick oats
- 2⁄3 cup peach juice (from canned peaches) or 2⁄3 cup your choice fruit juice (try a combination of peach&pineapple, peach&apple cider, etc.)
- 1⁄2 small banana, well-ripened
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional) or 1 teaspoon agave nectar (optional)
- 1⁄2 peach, finely chopped (I use a canned one, or try chopped mango, etc.)
- Heat the juice to a simmer in a small saucepan. Stir in the oats, and let it cook for 2-4 minutes to thicken up. Add a little water if needed.
- Meanwhile, mash the banana in a bowl till very smooth.
- When the oats are ready, remove from heat and add the banana, chopped fruit and sweetener (or leave that to drizzle on at the end). Stir together and let the saucepan sit covered for 2-3 minutes to let the fruitiness blend. Then dig in!