Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Simple as...great side to roast pork! Don't use parsnips that are too big as they tend to be a bit woody.
- 1 kg parsnip, peeled and halved length ways
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 200c (400f).
- Toss the parsnips with olive oil and cumin and place in baking tray. Sprinkle with thyme.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes or until golden.
Love these parsnips! I could snack on them. The cumin and fresh thyme are perfect with the sweet and slightly spicey flavour of the roasted parsnips. So easy and very, very yummy. Thank you, Stardustannie.
Roasting always brings out so much flavor in veggies, I also added some garlic powder and cayenne, I loved the cumin in this, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten:)
Now why didn't I ever think of adding my favorite spicy to accompany one of my favorite vegetables? These were simple and delicious. Mine were served with pan seared chops with an aromatic tomato sauce. :yummy: