1 hr 20 mins
Missy Wombat's Note:
This is a lovely chutney which our family really enjoys.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the papaya, scrape out and discard the seeds and cut the flesh into 2.5 cm cubes.
- 2Toast the cashew nuts on a baking tray in a 180 C/350 F oven until lightly browned.
- 3Let them cool slightly and coarsely chop.
- 4Peel and finely chop the root ginger and garlic cloves.
- 5Halve, seed and chop the chillies.
- 6Put all ingredients into a preserving pan.
- 7Simmer, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, for 30 minutes, or until the chutney has reduced and thickened.
- 8Spoon the chutney into warmed sterilized jars, to within 3 mm of the tops.
- 9Seal the jars and label.
- 10Keep in a cool, dark place.
- 11The chutney can be used immediately but it improves if stored for 2 weeks before using.
Browse Our Top Chutneys Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chutneys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Papaya Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (2414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2867.4
- Calories from Fat 366
- Total Fat 40.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4452.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 628.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.2 g
- Sugars 528.4 g
- Protein 25.1 g