Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a lovely chutney which our family really enjoys.
Make and share this Papaya Chutney recipe from Food.com.
- Peel the papaya, scrape out and discard the seeds and cut the flesh into 2.5 cm cubes.
- Toast the cashew nuts on a baking tray in a 180 C/350 F oven until lightly browned.
- Let them cool slightly and coarsely chop.
- Peel and finely chop the root ginger and garlic cloves.
- Halve, seed and chop the chillies.
- Put all ingredients into a preserving pan.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, for 30 minutes, or until the chutney has reduced and thickened.
- Spoon the chutney into warmed sterilized jars, to within 3 mm of the tops.
- Seal the jars and label.
- Keep in a cool, dark place.
- The chutney can be used immediately but it improves if stored for 2 weeks before using.
We are really enjoying this chutney. The cashews make this extra special. Very easy and smells great while cooking away. Would go really well with Missy Wombat "Downunder Cheese Puffs" #49172