Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a lovely chutney which our family really enjoys.
Make and share this Papaya Chutney recipe from Food.com.
- Peel the papaya, scrape out and discard the seeds and cut the flesh into 2.5 cm cubes.
- Toast the cashew nuts on a baking tray in a 180 C/350 F oven until lightly browned.
- Let them cool slightly and coarsely chop.
- Peel and finely chop the root ginger and garlic cloves.
- Halve, seed and chop the chillies.
- Put all ingredients into a preserving pan.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, for 30 minutes, or until the chutney has reduced and thickened.
- Spoon the chutney into warmed sterilized jars, to within 3 mm of the tops.
- Seal the jars and label.
- Keep in a cool, dark place.
- The chutney can be used immediately but it improves if stored for 2 weeks before using.