1/6 Photos of Our Favorite Black Bean Soup
Another family favorite recipe that has been scratched on a piece of paper without knowing where it came from. It's a delicious soup and though we've tried many black bean soups on Zaar and elsewhere and really liked them, this one is our favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups broth, I usually use a vegan chicken broth (Can be vegetable, chicken, or beef)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 -2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cilantro (dried or fresh)
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can corn
- salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- green onion, diced (optional)
- 1Mash one of the cans of beans with the juice with a potato masher. Drain and rinse the other two cans of beans and set these whole beans aside.
- 2Add salsa, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, and cumin to the one can of beans that were mashed, then set aside.
- 3In a pot bring the broth, water, and onion to a boil.
- 4Simmer until the onions are clear. Then add the corn and all of the beans to the pot (both the mashed and the ones not mashed).
- 5Stir well and then simmer at a low heat for about a half hour.
- 6Can serve topped with sour cream and diced green onions.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Our Favorite Black Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.3
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 625.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.7 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 23.8 g