A rustic but healthy pasta dish. Can be made vegan, or with a bit of grated parmesan on top for good measure.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces broccoli rabe, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups hot cooked orecchiette ("little ears" pasta)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add chickpeas and saute 2 minutes or until they're just beginning to brown.
- 2Add garlic and crushed red pepper and saute 30 seconds.
- 3Add broccoli rabe and vegetable broth to pan; bring to a simmer and cook 3 minutes or until broccoli rabe is crisp-tender.
- 4Stir in hot pasta and salt; cook 2 minutes or until heated throughout.
- 5Divide among 4 shallow bowls, and top with parmesan cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orecchiette With Chickpeas and Broccoli Rabe
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 682.2
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 1.8 mg
- Sodium 1033.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 120.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 24.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: