Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A rustic but healthy pasta dish. Can be made vegan, or with a bit of grated parmesan on top for good measure.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces broccoli rabe, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups hot cooked orecchiette ("little ears" pasta)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add chickpeas and saute 2 minutes or until they're just beginning to brown.
- Add garlic and crushed red pepper and saute 30 seconds.
- Add broccoli rabe and vegetable broth to pan; bring to a simmer and cook 3 minutes or until broccoli rabe is crisp-tender.
- Stir in hot pasta and salt; cook 2 minutes or until heated throughout.
- Divide among 4 shallow bowls, and top with parmesan cheese if desired.