A simple dessert with as much taste as it has class. Great to serve guests after a heavy dinner. I'd like to try this again with Splenda but I'm not sure that you will get a syrup with it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Zest all 4 oranges taking care to not get any of the pith (white part under the peel).
- 2If julienne the strips of zest.
- 3Place zest, sugar and water into a saucepan, stir to dissolve sugar.
- 4Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer.
- 5DO NOT STIR.
- 6Simmer about 20-25 minutes or until mixture reduces to a syrup.
- 7Remove from heat, stir in jelly and liqour (if using).
- 8Chill thoroughly.
- 9Remove all remaining pith from the oranges.
- 10To prep the oranges, cut between the membranes (kind of like prepping a grapefruit) and remove the sections.
- 11To serve, arrange orange sections on individual plates or in dessert glasses and drizzle with chilled syrup.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oranges in Orange Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.0
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 37.7 g
- Protein 1.2 g