Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A simple dessert with as much taste as it has class. Great to serve guests after a heavy dinner. I'd like to try this again with Splenda but I'm not sure that you will get a syrup with it.
- Zest all 4 oranges taking care to not get any of the pith (white part under the peel).
- If julienne the strips of zest.
- Place zest, sugar and water into a saucepan, stir to dissolve sugar.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer.
- DO NOT STIR.
- Simmer about 20-25 minutes or until mixture reduces to a syrup.
- Remove from heat, stir in jelly and liqour (if using).
- Chill thoroughly.
- Remove all remaining pith from the oranges.
- To prep the oranges, cut between the membranes (kind of like prepping a grapefruit) and remove the sections.
- To serve, arrange orange sections on individual plates or in dessert glasses and drizzle with chilled syrup.
Quite nice. Syrup too strong when using orange marmalade and all the peel. I ended up doubling the recipe (less peel and marmalde) and added some five spice powder and cardamon to give it a spicey flavour.
Loved this made with orange juice and apricot jam. Perfect ending to a great dinner.