Vino Girl's Note:
From Cooking Light, August 2006.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs, divided
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1SAUCE: Combine the sauce ingredients in a blender, and process until smooth.
- 2PATTIES: Combine all patty ingredients except the oil and bread crumbs in a food processor, and process until smooth, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- 3Place bean mixture in a large bowl; stir in 1/4 cup breadcrumbs.
- 4Divide bean mixture into 6 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- 5Place remaining 1/4 cup breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Dredge patties in breadcrumbs.
- 6Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 7Add 3 patties to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- 8Repeat procedure with remaining 2 teaspoons oil and patties.
- 9TO ASSEMBLE: Warm mini pitas according to package directions.
- 10Place 1 pita on each of 6 plates. Top each serving with 1/2 cup lettuce, 1/3 cup tomato, 1/3 cup cucumber, and 4 teaspoons onion.
- 11Drizzle each serving with about 3 tablespoons sauce; top each serving with 1 patty.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Open-Faced Falafel Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (415 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.7
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 915.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 14.6 g