Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A kicked up chutney with some zing! Enjoy! Adaped from Cooking with Onions-Favorite Recipes.
Make and share this Onion-Raspberry Jalapeno Chutney recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups yellow onions, chopped (3 to 4 medium)
- 2 cups red onions, chopped (2 medium)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup fresh jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped (3 or 4 jalapenos, or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons orange zest, finely grated
- 2 (12 ounce) packages frozen raspberries
- Mix together all ingredients except raspberries in a large saucepan.
- Cover and bring to boil.
- Uncover and boil gently about 25 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Add the thawed raspberries to the chutney, stirring lightly.
- Return to boil and boil gently 4 minutes longer, without stirring, or until slightly thickened.
- Pour hot chutney into sterilized jars and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks or can using USDA canning guidelines for longer storage.