A kicked up chutney with some zing! Enjoy! Adaped from Cooking with Onions-Favorite Recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups yellow onions, chopped (3 to 4 medium)
- 2 cups red onions, chopped (2 medium)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup fresh jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped (3 or 4 jalapenos, or to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons orange zest, finely grated
- 2 (12 ounce) packages frozen raspberries
- 1Mix together all ingredients except raspberries in a large saucepan.
- 2Cover and bring to boil.
- 3Uncover and boil gently about 25 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add the thawed raspberries to the chutney, stirring lightly.
- 5Return to boil and boil gently 4 minutes longer, without stirring, or until slightly thickened.
- 6Pour hot chutney into sterilized jars and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks or can using USDA canning guidelines for longer storage.
Browse Our Top Chutneys Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chutneys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion-Raspberry Jalapeno Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (2757 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 986.6
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1393.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 244.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.3 g
- Sugars 209.9 g
- Protein 6.2 g