Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Really a full meal in sauce form. There are a lot of ingredients, but since it's combined in the blender, it's super easy. This is adapted from a recipe originally published in Vegan Lunchbox Around the World by Jennifer McCann. Whenever I ask my 8-year-old daughter if she wants something special for dinner, this is what she asks for. We dip tortilla chips in it, but it's good spread on burritos.
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14 ounce) can white beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can lentils
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 2 cups nutritional yeast
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) carton salsa
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until well mixed.
- Heat over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and heated through (about 10 minutes).
This is VERY tasty and easy to make. It has become a weekly meal in my house :)