Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
An award winning recipe (1st Place!) from the CGTD Institute in lovely Oregon. Note: you will need one battery-operated tea light to complete this recipe. *PARENTAL SUPERVISION ADVISED.* Martha who? Photo coming soon!
- Other decoration suggestions: candies-Red Hots, sprinkles, Good and Plenty, licorice; buttons, sequins, etc.
- Cut out a door on the bell pepper's back.
- Tricky part: carefully remove membrane, seeds.
- Carve a face on your bell pepper. Or not. Glue on sequins or buttons, attach whole cloves. Or not. Creative license-no set rules-just a kindly reminder from ~Tasty~ to keep this craft/cooking project age appropriate.
- Turn on the tea light and insert in the cavity of the bell pepper. Close the "door".
- Remove tea light (and other non-edible decorations) before eating.
- Warning to adults: don't use an actual wax candle tea light. It will burn the bell pepper and possibly burn your house down, too.
- Preparation time is estimated.
- Your pal, ~Tasty~.