An award winning recipe (1st Place!) from the CGTD Institute in lovely Oregon. Note: you will need one battery-operated tea light to complete this recipe. *PARENTAL SUPERVISION ADVISED.* Martha who? Photo coming soon!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 orange bell pepper, stem intact (largest pumpkin-shaped bell pepper you can find)
- 1Other decoration suggestions: candies-Red Hots, sprinkles, Good and Plenty, licorice; buttons, sequins, etc.
- 2Cut out a door on the bell pepper's back.
- 3Tricky part: carefully remove membrane, seeds.
- 4Carve a face on your bell pepper. Or not. Glue on sequins or buttons, attach whole cloves. Or not. Creative license-no set rules-just a kindly reminder from ~Tasty~ to keep this craft/cooking project age appropriate.
- 5Turn on the tea light and insert in the cavity of the bell pepper. Close the "door".
- 6Remove tea light (and other non-edible decorations) before eating.
- 7Warning to adults: don't use an actual wax candle tea light. It will burn the bell pepper and possibly burn your house down, too.
- 8Preparation time is estimated.
- 9Your pal, ~Tasty~.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Not-A-Jack-O-Lantern 1st Place Winner by -- Tasty --
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 50.2
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.8 g