1/1 Photo of North-South Sweet Potato Curry
Using a mixture of northern and southern Indian techniques and ingredients, this quick curry for two is best over brown rice. Add water or tomato and garbanzo liquids for a saucier curry, or leave as is for a slightly drier dish.
My Private Note
big ski ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, liquid drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, liquid drained
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 cups frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, to serve with
- 1Sliced the onion and dice the sweet potato. I don't peel the sweet potato for the fiber and nutrients, and the texture, but this is up to you.
- 2Microwave the diced sweet potato for 2-3 minutes, to partly or mostly cook.
- 3While it microwaves, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet. When it is quite hot, add about half of the spices, stir and cook for about a minute or less, then add the onion and saute while the potato finishes.
- 4When the potato is done, add it to the skillet. cook (almost like a stirfry) for 3-5 minutes.
- 5Add the chickpeas, tomatoes, spinach, and the other half of the spices. Continue to cook on high for 5-10 minutes, then simmer until it is dry or saucy enough to your taste.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for North-South Sweet Potato Curry
Serving Size: 1 (864 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 702.2
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1217.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 129.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.3 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 24.1 g