Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Have this waiting for you in the fridge for after work or gardening. Use your own combination of fruit (all may not be available at the same time) but I do recommend that you keep the base cranberry juice
- 1 (40 ounce) bottle cranberry juice cocktail, chilled
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 whole orange, sliced thin
- 1 lemon, sliced thin
- 1 lime, sliced thin
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, cleaned & halved
- 2 fresh peaches, peeled,pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 small apple, peeled,cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 (26 ounce) bottle club soda
- ice cube
- Combine all the ingredients except the club soda.
- Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Just before serving add the club soda and pour over ice cubes (Or put a splash of soda in a glass and fill up with ice cubes and the sangria).
Bergy, this was out of this world. We had a dinner guest over last night and I wanted something non-alcoholic to serve with dinner. What a treat. 1st, this was very easy to make, but it was time consuming. 2nd, I wasn't sure if the orange, lemon and lime needed to be peeled before slicing them so I peeled then anyway. 3rd, I was skeptical of the lemon and lime juice in the cocktail, but WOW! it was incredible. 4th, I wasn't able to put all the peach slices and strawberry slices into the pitcher as mine was full to the rim, but it turned out GREAT. 5th, on the top of the pitcher, I arranged my strawberries in a circle and then sliced my lemon peel and arranged the slices in between the strawberries - what a presentation! I didn't want to serve it 'cuz it looked so pretty. Wish I had a digital camera. 6th, I drank it both with and without the soda water. Personally, I liked it WITHOUT the soda water, which is how I will serve it in the future. You lose the wonderful flavor of all the fruit juices when you mix it with the soda water. Plus, I'm not big on carbonated drinks so that might be why too. Enjoy everyone! This is an awesome summer cooler. P.S. Even my DH loved it and he doesn't like cranberry juice.
WONDERFUL!!! I used Cranberry/Pommegranate Lite and Sprite "0", because I had tons of it on hand. :-) Next time I will dice all the fruit though, because they all wanted fruit in their glass and I would have had to serve it with knife and fork! LOL. Thanks for this great recipe! made for Comfort Cafe Summer 09