Susan Rainer's Note:
This original recipe is here: http://www.compassionatecooks.com/r/pancakes.htm I have altered it a bit and put it here as I use it so much the paper is getting tattered. LOVE these pancakes. I also have a variation of my own: cocoa powder, but not so much to make them dark, just a hint.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl.
- 2Add milk to flour mixture and mix just until moistened; a few lump are ok. (Don't over-beat or pancakes will be tough.).
- 3Heat a nonstick griddle or frying pan over medium high heat/flame until a few drops of water drizzled onto it form beads and bounce around.
- 4Pour 1/2 tablespoon of oil (I use canola) onto the griddle and heat until hot.
- 5Pour batter onto the griddle to form circles about 4 inches in diameter. Cook for a minute or 2 on one side. When bubbles appear on the surface, flip over with a spatula. Cook on the other side for another 1 or 2 minutes.
- 6Variations: Try adding a handful of fresh blueberries, about 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder, chopped peaches, pears, or apples, raisins, walnuts, pecans or carob chips. A dash of cinnamon in the batter is nice, too.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-Fuss Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.8
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 225.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 2.9 g