Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
This original recipe is here: http://www.compassionatecooks.com/r/pancakes.htm I have altered it a bit and put it here as I use it so much the paper is getting tattered. LOVE these pancakes. I also have a variation of my own: cocoa powder, but not so much to make them dark, just a hint.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl.
- Add milk to flour mixture and mix just until moistened; a few lump are ok. (Don't over-beat or pancakes will be tough.).
- Heat a nonstick griddle or frying pan over medium high heat/flame until a few drops of water drizzled onto it form beads and bounce around.
- Pour 1/2 tablespoon of oil (I use canola) onto the griddle and heat until hot.
- Pour batter onto the griddle to form circles about 4 inches in diameter. Cook for a minute or 2 on one side. When bubbles appear on the surface, flip over with a spatula. Cook on the other side for another 1 or 2 minutes.
- Variations: Try adding a handful of fresh blueberries, about 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder, chopped peaches, pears, or apples, raisins, walnuts, pecans or carob chips. A dash of cinnamon in the batter is nice, too.
Love this recipe! I was looking for something quick & easy, and this is it. I like to change it up a bit by splitting the sugar between regular & Splenda brown sugar. I also add in a little cinnamon. My husband raves about them!