1 hr 15 mins
A great veggie BBQ sandwich. My family loved it, and they hate tofu (I didn't tell them what was in it). Prep time does NOT include up to 5 days of marinating the tofu.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain the tofu and cut it in half horizontally to make two pieces.
- 2Wrap the tofu in a clean towel, press it between two baking sheets with a weight on top, and refrigerate for an hour or more.
- 3Unwrap the tofu and place it in a shallow baking dish.
- 4Spoon 1/2 cup of the barbecue sauce over the tofu, cover the baking dish, and let the tofu marinate in the refrigerator for at least several hours.
- 5The longer the tofu marinates (up to five days), the more flavorful it will be.
- 6Place the marinated tofu on a lightly oiled baking sheet, and bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour.
- 7Slice the sandwich rolls open, cut the tofu into thin slices, and divide it among the rolls.
- 8Mix the sautèed onions, bell peppers, or your favorite fixings with the remaining barbecue sauce, and spoon over the sandwiches.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No Blues BBQ Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 392.3
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1001.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 19.1 g