Cook1 hr 10 mins
Tasty, rich and no meat - oh my! I am a meat-eater and I like this chili. You can sprinkle cheddar cheese on top if you prefer. (Don't tell the vegetarians, but you can also add browned ground beef too....). Enjoy!
First set of ingredients
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, cut lengthwise and sliced into 1/4 slices
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, diced into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced (fresh preferred but canned will do)
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes with juice, diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 cup corn (frozen preferred, canned will do)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh preferred
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- chile, crushed, to taste (optional)
- hot sauce (optional)
- Saute first ingredients in oil in a large saucepan for 5-10 minutes, until vegetables are slightly softened.
- Add other ingredients and simmer for approximately one hour. Stir occasionally.
- Serve with a crusty roll or freeze for future meals.