1/7 Photos of Naxos Island Salad
Bursting with flavors, this Greek island salad would be a wonderful summer lunch or lite supper that is nourishing as well as delicious. Leaving the Feta off the salad will make it Vegan and still delicious! Recipe adapted from Cait Johnson.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup uncooked couscous or 1 cup uncooked rice or 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 large ripe tomato, diced, with juice
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 10 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas or 2 cups canned chick-peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (or more)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (can press as well)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- romaine lettuce leaf, ripped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 1Cook couscous, rice, or pasta according to package directions. Fluff couscous with fork, if using. If using rice, make sure all liquid is absorbed so the rice is dry, not sticky. If using orzo, rinse hot pasta in cool water and drain well.
- 2In a medium mixing bowl, combine cucumber, tomato, pepper, onion, olives, chickpeas, and parsley.
- 3In a small mixing bowl, whisk olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic. Season to taste with salt and freshly-ground black pepper.
- 4Add dressing to vegetable mixture and toss well.
- 5On a serving dish, arrange lettuce leaves, mound the couscous, rice, or pasta in center and cover with mixed vegetables.
- 6Sprinkle with feta, if using, and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Naxos Island Salad
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.3
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 452.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 13.1 g