1/1 Photo of Nana's Tomato Relish
1 hr 10 mins
Island Gurl's Note:
This is a sweet and tangy relish served in New Zealand. It goes great on meats (cold leftovers) or sandwiches or just cheese and crackers. Make this when you have some nice fresh garden tomatoes. A special thank you to Heather for sharing her wonderful recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Skin tomatoes with boiling water.
- 2Chunk tomatoes. Peel and slice onions.
- 3Place onions and tomatoes in a very large pan with vinegar and all seasonings.
- 4Stir and boil on medium heat for 1 hour.
- 5If needed at the end, thicken with a couple tablespoons of flour or other thickener and a little more vinegar.
- 6Let cool then place in jars and store in fridge.
- 7These make wonderful gifts!
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nana's Tomato Relish
Serving Size: 1 (500 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.8
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1211.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 84.0 g
- Protein 3.2 g