Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a combo of recipes 51140 and 32681. I have made it several times and I figured it would take less time if I put the recipe all together. DH loves, loves, loves this!!! He says it's one of the best chilis he has ever had and he is an avid chili eater! This recipe is much better if made in advance and stuck in the fridge overnight (Or for a few hours) and re-heated the next day. Its flavors come together better and it thickens up better. If not, it is thin and more like a soup. This is Weight watchers friendly!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (I use red)
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 medium summer squash, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can corn
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- In a very large pot saute fresh garlic, onion, and celery for 5 minute.
- Add in red pepper and saute another 5 minutes, or until onions are soft.
- Mix in zuchini, summer squash, and carrots and saute another 5 minutes.
- Add in all the rest of the ingredient and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and simmer for about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Put in fridge to cool for a couple of hours(to thicken) or add in ingredients to thicken. I just prefer to leave out the extra calories. Just re-heat and enjoy!