Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A wonderful mushroom barley stew! With kale! Very hearty and comforting, great for the cold seasons! Very easy, and few ingredients!
- Boil the broth. Once it's boiling, add the barley.
- While the barley cooks, slice the mushrooms. And saute them in oil. (trying to get them to release as much juice as possible).
- While the barley and mushrooms cook, chop the kale.
- Then, take the flour, and the same amount of broth and whisk them together, and add it to the soup. (It will thicken more later).
- By the time the mushrooms are cooked, and the kale is chopped, the barley should be a little more than half done, add the mushrooms and onions, and stir occasionally.
- Once the barley is almost cooked through, add the kale, and pepper.
- Wait a few minutes stirring occasionally, and enjoy!