1 hr 10 mins
jamie the vegan's Note:
A wonderful mushroom barley stew! With kale! Very hearty and comforting, great for the cold seasons! Very easy, and few ingredients!
My Private Note
large p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the broth. Once it's boiling, add the barley.
- 2While the barley cooks, slice the mushrooms. And saute them in oil. (trying to get them to release as much juice as possible).
- 3While the barley and mushrooms cook, chop the kale.
- 4Then, take the flour, and the same amount of broth and whisk them together, and add it to the soup. (It will thicken more later).
- 5By the time the mushrooms are cooked, and the kale is chopped, the barley should be a little more than half done, add the mushrooms and onions, and stir occasionally.
- 6Once the barley is almost cooked through, add the kale, and pepper.
- 7Wait a few minutes stirring occasionally, and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Barley Stew
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.3
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 6.0 mg
- Sodium 2068.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.1 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 20.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: