1/2 Photos of Moroccan Sweet Potato and Chickpea Soup
An easy, velvety soup with complex delicious spice tastes, would make a wonderful start to a dinner party or a great lunch. Got this off the web ages ago and can't remember the name of the site. May need more lemon juice if the potatoes and carrots are really sweet so taste at the end, and I used more spices as I like a deeper flavour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 600 g sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 500 g carrots, peeled and sliced
- 6 cups chicken stock or 6 cups vegetable stock
- 300 g chickpeas
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- 2Stir in spices and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- 3add sweet potato and carrot and sweat well for 10 minutes.
- 4add stock and cover, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 5Add chick peas and simmer for further 10 mins until chick peas are tender.
- 6Blend until smooth, season well with salt and fresh black pepper and add lemon juice to taste.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Sweet Potato and Chickpea Soup
Serving Size: 1 (763 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.0
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 10.8 mg
- Sodium 914.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.3 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 17.1 g