Prep 0 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I found this great looking smoothie in an article featuring Hajja Halima called "Thoroughly Modern Morocco" in Food and Wine magazine. Zaar World Tour 3.
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1 large banana
- 6 strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 quart fresh orange juice
- mint sprig, for garnish
- Soak apricots in the warm water until softened, about 20 minutes. Drain and transfer to a blender or food processor.
- Add banana, strawberries, sugar and vanilla and pulse until chopped.
- Add half of the orange juice and puree.
- Pour into a pitcher and stir in the remaining orange juice.
- Refrigerate until very cold, about 2-3 hours.
- Serve in small glasses garnished with mint.
Yummy! Nice texture, great taste! I halved the recipe. Thanks Cheryl!
This was pretty yummy. The kids seemed to like it (and had fun helping make it). I think next time I'd blend it with ice just because we like our smoothies blended. Good! I made this for ZWT3.
I made this for *Zaar World Tour III* and for my smoothie loving daughter (Little Miss) it was perfect for her as it had no dairy products. Just yummy fruits, fruit juice and vanilla extract, we all were allowed a taste and we all enjoyed the flavour. Thank you NcMysteryShopper