Delicious spicy roasted veggies! The many spices are very visible in this dish. The chickpeas are a nice addition, and harden a bit after being roasted which is a nice addition to the overall texture of this dish.
- 1 medium onion, cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in 1/4-inch thick semi-circles
- 1 small eggplant, peeled, cut in 1/2-inch thick semi-circles
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled, cut in 1/4-inch semi-circles
- 1 large red pepper, sliced in 1/4-inch strips
- 2 medium tomatoes, fresh, chopped
- 15 ounces chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- Combine all vegetables and garlic in a large bowl; combine spices and oil in a small bowl; mix together and spread dressed vegetables on 11x17" tray (I use a cookie sheet).
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, stir well and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Serve warm Per 15 oz serving = 296cal, 8g pro, 9.5g fat, 49g carb, 10g fibre.