Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Make and share this Moroccan Red Lentil Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 4 celery ribs
- 1⁄2 onion
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup red lentil
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- in a large pot, saute celery and onion in the oil until tender.
- add ginger, cinnamon, turmeric, vegetable broth, tomatoes, lentils, and garbanzo beans.
- bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes or until lentils are tender, stirring occasionally.
- right before serving, add cilantro and lemon juice.
- add salt to taste.