2 hrs 5 mins
1 hr 45 mins
This is a very special soup, great in the winter for taking the chill away.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup red lentil
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1In large pot saute; the onions, garlic, and ginger in a little olive oil for about 5 minutes.
- 2Add the water, lentils, chick peas, white kidney beans, diced tomatoes, carrots, celery, garam masala, cardamom, cayenne pepper and cumin.
- 3Bring to a boil for a few minutes then simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or longer, until the lentils are soft.
- 4Puree half the soup in a food processor or blender.
- 5Return the pureed soup to the pot, stir and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Lentil Soup
Serving Size: 1 (561 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.2
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 506.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.4 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 17.5 g