Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 45 mins
This is a very special soup, great in the winter for taking the chill away.
Make and share this Moroccan Lentil Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup red lentil
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup diced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In large pot saute; the onions, garlic, and ginger in a little olive oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add the water, lentils, chick peas, white kidney beans, diced tomatoes, carrots, celery, garam masala, cardamom, cayenne pepper and cumin.
- Bring to a boil for a few minutes then simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or longer, until the lentils are soft.
- Puree half the soup in a food processor or blender.
- Return the pureed soup to the pot, stir and enjoy!