Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
I thought it looked tasty. Found it in an old cook book.
Make and share this Moroccan Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large eggplant, cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 (14 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a flameproof casserole dish. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes, or until soft. Add eggplant, cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, cumin, turmeric, ginger, paprika, and allspice and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes, chickpeas, raisins, cilantro and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve hot.
oh yeah! we absolutely loved this. i used 2 smallish eggplants & 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes. I think next time I'll use more chickpeas & call it dinner. The leftovers were spectacular topped with poached eggs, too. :) Made for NA/ME Travels to Morocco 12/12.