Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
There are a couple of these on here already but I love the rosated flavour of the eggplants. This recipe comes from Morocco (obviously).
- 2 eggplants
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Roast eggplants in a 400' oven until skin puffs up.
- Let cool, and then peel away the skin, and cut the flesh intp 1/2 inch dice.
- Put all the ingredients except the lemon juice, and salt into a large skillet, and cook over medium heat.
- Stir often until eggplant is soft, and cooked through.
- Most of the liquid sould have evaporated.
- Cool to room temperature, and season with salt, and lemon juice.