Mom would pickle most of her yellow beans, and none would be left by fall!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1These directions are for one jar.
- 2Adjust to suit the number of jars you will need for your beans.
- 3Sterilize canning jar (s) and lids (&rubber rings, if you are using old style jars).
- 4Trim ends off beans.
- 5Cook in boiling water just until tender (4-8 minutes).
- 6Drain and pour cold water over beans to chill.
- 7Drain thoroughly then arrange in (sterilized) jar.
- 8To each jar add salt, vinegar, sugar, dill, and garlic.
- 9Add COLD water to fill.
- 10Seal (screw on lids- with rings, if using old style jars).
- 11Store jars in a pan or container (brine may bubble over).
- 12Ready to eat in 7-10 days.
- 13If mold develops in jar or if beans turn mushy, discard.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Dill Beans (Pickled)
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 17.5
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1164.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 0.8 g