Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Mom would pickle most of her yellow beans, and none would be left by fall!
Make and share this Mom's Dill Beans (Pickled) recipe from Food.com.
- These directions are for one jar.
- Adjust to suit the number of jars you will need for your beans.
- Sterilize canning jar (s) and lids (&rubber rings, if you are using old style jars).
- Trim ends off beans.
- Cook in boiling water just until tender (4-8 minutes).
- Drain and pour cold water over beans to chill.
- Drain thoroughly then arrange in (sterilized) jar.
- To each jar add salt, vinegar, sugar, dill, and garlic.
- Add COLD water to fill.
- Seal (screw on lids- with rings, if using old style jars).
- Store jars in a pan or container (brine may bubble over).
- Ready to eat in 7-10 days.
- If mold develops in jar or if beans turn mushy, discard.
Great in bloody marys or to eat. I added 2 cloves of garlic and half of a seeded jalepeno.
Great Dilled Beans. I love garlic, so I used two gloves instead of one. This has been a huge requested gift! Big hit in my house with kids and my husband! Thanks for the recipe!