Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
Mom would pickle most of her yellow beans, and none would be left by fall!
Make and share this Mom's Dill Beans (Pickled) recipe from Food.com.
- These directions are for one jar.
- Adjust to suit the number of jars you will need for your beans.
- Sterilize canning jar (s) and lids (&rubber rings, if you are using old style jars).
- Trim ends off beans.
- Cook in boiling water just until tender (4-8 minutes).
- Drain and pour cold water over beans to chill.
- Drain thoroughly then arrange in (sterilized) jar.
- To each jar add salt, vinegar, sugar, dill, and garlic.
- Add COLD water to fill.
- Seal (screw on lids- with rings, if using old style jars).
- Store jars in a pan or container (brine may bubble over).
- Ready to eat in 7-10 days.
- If mold develops in jar or if beans turn mushy, discard.
Great in bloody marys or to eat. I added 2 cloves of garlic and half of a seeded jalepeno.
Great Dilled Beans. I love garlic, so I used two gloves instead of one. This has been a huge requested gift! Big hit in my house with kids and my husband! Thanks for the recipe!