V'nut-Beyond Redemption's Note:
This is an adopted recipe. It is taken from RecipeSource and Pennsylvania Dutch Cook Book - Fine Old Recipes, Culinary Arts Press, 1936.
My Private Note
Mojhy A ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and dry apples.
- 2Remove stems and replace with stick stuck halfway into apple.
- 3Comvbine corn syrup, sugar, and water in deep saucepan.
- 4Stir and cook over medium heat until thoroughly disolved and mixture boils.
- 5Then cook, without stirring. to soft crack stage (a small amt of the mixture separates into threads which are hard but not brittle when dropped in cold water; or candy thermometer registers 280 deg F.) Remove from heat; add extract and stir only enough to mix.
- 6Place pan over boiling water to keep syrup from thickening.
- 7Then, dip apples and wind in a circular motion until thoroughly covered with syrup.
- 8Place on buttered pan with sticks upright and cool.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mojhy Apples (Candy Apples)
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.1
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 87.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 66.7 g
- Protein 0.4 g